Thursday, July 1, 2010

summertime


This last week I was able to visit many church history sites with a group of youth from our stake.  It was a great time, the weather was good, and opportunity to visit these places was amazing.  We visited Nauvoo, Carthage, Liberty Jail, Far West, Independence, Adam-ondi-Ahman, and Mt. Pisgah.  The youth in our stake are totally awesome, and I can't wait to take my kids to these places. 

 
A family that we were in China with stopped by to visit.  They got their little girl the same day we got our little Mason.  They came from the same orphanage, and we were with them the whole time we were in China.  They were visiting from Texas to see some family and were passing by.  It was so good to see them.  I am posting some pictures and I also found some old ones from our "gotcha" day with both kids.   

This is Mason getting a haircut yesterday.  Not his favorite activity.

2 comments:

  1. I was wondering how your calling was going - it sounds so fun! I'm glad you got to take in all those Church History sights together. That's also fun to see how your friends from China and thier daughter are doing! Mason continues to make me smile! Nice haircut - Beauty has a price Mason! Happy 4th weekend to all of you!

    -Melecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the look on Mason's face while he's getting his hair cut.

    ReplyDelete