Thursday, August 26, 2010

nefarious nap time

So, Mason is on nap strike.  The last few weeks I lay him down as usual, shut the door and revel in the blessed 2-hr break I am about to receive.  Unfortunately, booger boy has other plans.  So today after about an hour I hear this horrible screaming. I go running in there (well stumbling actually, because I was deep in the midst of an afternoon nap) and this is what I find.  His light was on, a movie was playing on the little VCR TVand he had dropped a toy behind his bed.  He got stuck, and was crying and screaming "STUCK!"  I had forgotten to unplug his TV, he knows how to put a tape in and turn it on.  We put it up high on his dresser as well, but he has figured out how to stack toys and climb up them to reach the TV and put in a tape.  I don't like being outsmarted by a 2-yr-old.  I have finally resorted to laying him down and then leaving his door open and posting myself just outside, reminding him to go back to bed (very sternly) every time he starts climbing out.  He still tries to sneak over and shut the door so I can't hear him and the party can begin.  When I stand guard however, he gives up pretty quickly and is out in about 5 minutes.  Don't be messing with naptime people, that is hands-down the best time of the day, it will go on!!!
       Jim and I celebrated our 23rd anniversary this week!  My how the time does fly.  What a ride it has been, with lots of ups and definitely a few downs, but I wouldn't trade this guy for anything.  He brought me a dozen roses and we went out to lunch at my favorite place - Panera.  Jim even had a salad, what a guy.  I could do another 23 years I think, in fact I can't wait for the next 23 years!! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary! We will celebrate 23 years in Dec. It is funny that you are always just a little ahead of me...birthday 2 days before, anniversary a few months before, and first born 3 months before. Next year I will hopefully follow you back to school.
    Naptime story cracks me up. My little boys had those firetruck beds. We loved them...I miss those days! Isabelle gave up naps at the age of one. Some of mine were good nappers and some some quit early on....good luck!

    ReplyDelete