Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Golden Gopher

I am now officially a Minnesota Golden Gopher.  Jim and I drove up to the campus today and I got my ID card and walked to where my classes will be held.  23 years ago we did the same thing at ISU.  We were newlyweds and I was starting up at this big new intimidating school.  He helped me register, showed me where all my classes were and then took me to the ISU bookstore to buy my books; one of my novels for American lit was entitled (get this!) "Mountaineering in the Sierra Nevada".  Jim was convinced that it was a mistake, though it was clearly labeled as a book for that class.  I prevailed and we bought it, and we laughed all semester as I read excerpts of it to him.  We seem to have come full circle.  I love the feel of a college campus - all the students wallking around, and just the atmosphere of a new semester, the anticipation.  The student loans are officially borrowed, so I am in it to win it!  To seal the deal we ate in the student union building.  I about fell over when I saw a Chik-Fil-A there.  I haven't seen any in Minnesota, we have long mourned our Virginia favorite.  I won't tell the kids about it, they will just die until we go there.  Maybe I'll take them to the campus museum and surprise them with Chik for lunch!! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I'm sure you dreamed of being a golden gopher since you were a little girl. Ha. They just opened a Chik-fila in American Fork. It almost made it okay to move here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on going back to school! Hope all goes well. I am planning on next year when Isabelle starts kindergarten. I am just hoping that my brain still works....not so sure about that anymore...

    ReplyDelete