Friday, May 28, 2010

Why having a two year old is SO fun

Today I faithfully went to the gym to ride a bike for forty minutes while reading a book.  The best example of multi-tasking I can think of.  So I am getting ready to do my hair after a peaceful stint in the steam room and shower when my name is called over the intercom to come to the childcare center.  The reason they call moms to the center is usually to change a diaper - so I was prepared and hustled over there with my wet hair and make-up-less face.  When I got there I see Mason sitting in the corner, big alligator tears running down his face.  The childcare director then told me that Mason was in time-out for hitting,  throwing, and you-guessed-it, biting.  In fact, he bit someone on the arm and apparently didn't un-bite until forced to.  Yes, the trifecta of bad behavior was exhibited by the little angel you see sleeping in a picture in a very recent post.  I started mumbling apologies, grabbed him while they continued to regale me with the specifics of his misbehavior, and beat a hasty retreat.  I think we will take a break from the gym for a day or two.  The book I was reading wasn't very good anyway.    

No comments:

Post a Comment