Friday, May 21, 2010

Why being a mother rocks (mostly)

Since my biggest role in life right now, amongst many smaller roles is that of mother, I wanted to make a list of all the cool things about mothering - we will save the not-so-cool list for another day ( there certainly is a not-so-cool list about being a mother, vomit being just the first thing that comes to mind, but I digress!)  so, without further ado, here goes:

1 - A very valid excuse for taking an afternoon nap every single day while the toddler sleeps.  I am very lucky right now because I have just one little toddler at home.

2 - Listening to the kids giggle and laugh, especially when my cleverness and witty repartee is what is cracking them up! 

3 - Holding a child on your lap and rocking them, it just doesn't get any better than that.

4 - Teaching a kid to tie his shoes and them watching them as their little fingers finallly get the hang of it.

5 - Watching amazing Disney movies without feeling silly.  I had forgotten how awesome Tarzan and Toy Story were - and I could watch Cars and Bolt every day (actually we do, those are Mason's current faves).

6 - Having built in shopping partners now that my girls are old enough to really appreciate the womanly art of shopping.

7 - Having someone to watch different movies with, Jane Austen with Kasey, Band of Brothers with DJ, High School Musical with Karly, and How To Train a Dragon with Preston - I've got someone for every genre!

8 - Making chore charts and watching the kids do all these chores that I don't have to do!!!

to be continued . . .. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment