Monday, July 23, 2012

Moving Day approaches

I probably have about zero to no followers at this point, and I originally started this blog so I could chronicle the lives of the kids as they grow up - so I will just resume this blog again - writing is something I love to do, and I want a record of these people I can look back on, and remember, and hopefully learn from as I go along.
No pictures today - but I promise to post them as I go, I need to update!!  The movers are here today - they are busy packing and working so hard to safeguard and move our belongings, and I am somewhat guility skulking in a corner on my computer.  I always feel a little guilty as movers pack up our stuff, guilty and grateful as well.  This will be a busy and emotional week, culminating in an airplane ride to Reagan National, and an hour long ride to our rental house near Fredericksburg Virginia, and living in the same house as my husband again after a two-month separation.  I feel like I can't ever complain though, he is not deployed or in harm's way - just starting a new job and waiting for us to follow. 
Karly is distraught and beside herself, but I don't seem to have any words of comfort, beyond the idea that everything will turn out all right.  That doesn't seem to cut it for a 17-yr-old leaving behind all she holds dear to spend her Senior year in a strange place.  It 's is a dirty trick and I feel terrible about it, and yet, I think it will be all right.  I hope. 
Yesterday I was released from my calling.  Bittersweet.  I have had the privilege of working with some of the most wonderful people on the planet, people that I admire, and will miss terribly.  Mostly I will miss the most wonderful youth on the planet, those in the Lakeville Stake, specifically the Young Women.  I can't even type that without getting choked up.  Or write more about them.  I love them, I love the other leaders I have worked with, I will miss them. 
It has been a strange parade of emotions over the last week.  After two years of blood, sweat and tears I finished my masters degree.  Weird.  It is very odd to not have some paper or exam or studying hanging over my head with doom written all over it.  I am trying to adjust to the newness of being master of my time again, that combined with moving has thrown me for a bit of a loop, but as always, everything will come out OK in the end. 
Off to write a letter to our missionary.  And buy lunch for the movers.  They deserve it.    

No comments:

Post a Comment