Friday, April 1, 2011

It's almost finals week!!!

In just two weeks I will be done with my second semester of graduate school - YEAH!!  Two more to go and then fieldwork for 6 months; fieldwork doesn't even count, that will be a breeze after these classes, (at least I hope so, it can't be any harder). It is a good thing that I have Mr. Jim around, he is my proofreader, researcher, shoulder to cry on, and all-around Mr. mom when I need him to be.  Maybe he is just imagining that paycheck I might someday bring home if I actually make it through this program. I get two whole weeks off between semesters and my list of things to do is long, I can't wait.  I am going to tackle an Easter gingerbread house, actually clean my house, and take Mason on all kinds of fun outings - I might even exercise!  It will be over too soon, of that there is no doubt. 
 So, in an earlier post I had mentioned that I thought spring was here.....WRONG.  I have taken a picture to document the wrongness of my statement.  Suffer with me - please.

 First, let me just say here that when my kids get tired they get irrational, emotional, just plain weird.  So, I go into the computer room to get something and this is what I encounter.  My daughter is curled up in a ball under the computer hutch.  For real, this isn't staged.  She has been working on a paper all evening and has given up and crawled under the compter hutch.  She thought I had gone to bed so she wouldn't be seen in her misery.  Sigh......so sad.  She finished her paper on Huckleberry Finn (thanks mom!) and got some much-needed sleep soon after.  Silly children.




 
 I just like this picture - looking at it makes me happy.
And of course, I need my obligatory Mason pic.  He can sure pucker up and give good kisses - we all demand our share. 

1 comment:

  1. I loved the post. Couldn't stop chuckling. Can't wait till September.

    ReplyDelete