Monday, March 21, 2011

OK, so this morning I am awakened in the wee hours of the morning by the very unfortuante and all-too-familiar sound of our cat hocking up his breakfast on the floor right by the bed.  I know.  Nice.  Jim and I dream of the day when poop and barf and all other related grossness are no longer part of our daily list of tasks to clean up.  Admittedly, when we decided to be parents yet again at the ages of 40 and 42 we were certainly asking for it, but we have also had the worst luck with our pets being naughty.  On Saturday we finally put the recliner out in the garage that is listing to one side and also smells permanently like a well-used fire hydrant because of our little pug that I finally gave to an older couple that could pamper him the way he required.  I think we would be wealthy if we could have all the money back we have spent on pets and the messes and havoc they have wreaked on our homes (and psyches).  Oh, well - we are on the downward slope.  Mason will be potty-trained soon (fingers crossed), the cat is house-trained, just has your occasional gastrointestinal upset, and the current dog is decent now that we have removed all traces of the stupid pug from the house.  After these animals have gone the way of all the earth we have vowed to never have pets again.  Ever. 


Also, the other day I talked about high heel shoes that I have been saving for the day when I can wear them because there is no snow on the ground.  I had to take pictures of two of them because they make me so happy:  Enjoy!!!  The colored ones I saw on the shelf at the thrift store and I couldn't resist - are they hot or what?!  The boot thingies I got for 75% off at DSW.  Love.That.Store.  Oh....and there is a cute pic of Mason on the day he wouldn't take a nap, this is after he fell asleep on Preston's lap, we just laid him on the chair after Preston got tired of heavy baby on his lap! 
AND....the big news that we've had for a week now is that our big boy is going on his mission to Villahermosa Mexico!!!  I can't believe he is old enough to be going on a mission!!!  This is a boy who spent three years in Puerto Rico and can't say Hola correctly.  Jim and I were both hoping fervently that he would be called to a Spanish-speaking mission, just so we could at last have the satisfaction of hearing him speak fluent Spanish!!!  I love that kid - that's all.  And I love that he gets this opportunity to serve - sigh.....did I mention that I loved that kid???  

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the mission call! So exciting. And Spanish-speaking! :) I hope it gets warm enough soon so that you can start wearing your cool shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Mama! When does he enter the MTC? M is working on his papers! It's hard to believe our "little 12yos" are now at this point!

    ReplyDelete